We made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate.
TB and Miranda sent a book off to the editor and they have a rare weekend off. Who knows what type of trouble they’ll get into. Hopefully not too much since they’re starting a new book bright and early on Monday morning.
Learn 5 Random Facts about Brooke Campbell, claim your free book by Shannon O’Connor, and make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom to meet Georgia Beers’s dog.
If you’d like to contribute to the weekly feature, click here to find out how.
Now for book news and fun.
by Sarah Ettritch
Private eye Casey Cook lands her first case, and it’s a doozy: find a missing comatose woman. Eager to prove herself, Casey does whatever it takes to get answers, from pretending to be pregnant to fawning over a hairless cat.
As she runs into one dead end after another, Casey wonders whether she should have left her retail job. Determined to show that she can do the PI thing, Casey refuses to give up, chases down every lead, and snags herself a girlfriend along the way.
by Edale Lane
Available in Kindle Unlimited
Victorian Era England. Stetson revels in being unconventional. So when society shies away from her independent nature, the bold woman creates an imaginary boss and opens her own detective agency. And her keen observational skills, convincing disguises, and Holmesian methods quickly bring in a string of tough-to-crack cases.
Struggling to squeeze a personal life in around a series of hazardous investigations, Stetson worries she’ll never find a woman of like-passions. But with her heart set on true love despite the risk, she carries on hunting for the perfect relationship.
Will her clever escapades lead to death, or delight?
Transatlantic WLW Romance
by Sienna Waters
Available in Kindle Unlimited
How clumsy do you need to be to fall in love?
When broke American Piper Garland inherits a house in the English countryside, she doesn’t expect to find love with an Italian builder. Much less love, ducks, ER nurses, nosy neighbors, a great dane called Billy and a whole new life…
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Brooke Campbell.
1. I was the only girl in Future Farmers of America (FFA) in my high school. (Should have been my parents’ first clue, doncha think? Course me turning out to be a femme was probably more of a shocker.) I was known for making the neatest soldering lines when we learned welding.
2. I believe that bread – any kind, any form – with cheese – most any kind, any form – is the perfect food. Yes, this includes nachos.
3. Thanks to a Liverpudlian I met when I was 17, I am a hopelessly annoying tea snob. I even went to a Specialty Tea Institute conference. I’m literally certified in black and oolong teas. Also, it’s ridiculous how much I love to say “Liverpudlian”.
4. I organize chips from the tiniest crumb to the largest whole and eat them in that order. No, I don’t want to know what that says about me. Please keep your opinions to yourself.
5. I watched every movie Fred Astaire ever made. Over and over and over and…I think you get the idea. Ginger danced on air and was classically gorgeous. Rita Hayworth, though. Oh, geez.
Sign up for Brooke’s Newsletter here and either get an audiobook or a cut scene from The Warrior Within.
Archie belongs to Georgia Beers who is ALWAYS happy to share a photo of Archie. He’s one handsome fella!
That’s all for this week.
Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend!
Miranda, Em, Faith, & TB
Want to stay up to date on all the happenings on IHS? Sign up here for the newsletter and never miss a thing.