Beginning in January, IHL will launch the I Heart Lesfic 2022 Reading Challenge. We will feature 2 new book categories each week, along with a recommended reading list for books that qualify for each category. If you are an author and would like to have up to five of your books featured in the challenge, you will find the form below to submit your nominations.
We have collected a lot of suggestions for categories, so our first task is to narrow the list to 90 choices based on the number of nominations we receive for each. We’re hoping for between 7 and 15 finalists per category. Categories with too few submissions may be eliminated, and others may be merged. For example: British authors and Irish authors could be combined into a single British and Irish authors category. Our goal is to give exposure to as many books and authors as we can.
To be as fair as possible, an author will only be featured once in a given category and can only submit a total of 5 books for consideration at this time. If you have multiple pen names, you may submit up to five books per pen name. Please note, submitting 5 books does not mean all 5 will be featured.
One of the questions on the form asks if you’re willing to discount your book during the week that category is featured on IHL. Saying yes or no will not weigh into whether or not your book is chosen for the list, so please only answer yes if you’re serious about discounting your book on Amazon for the week of the sale.
Before you start filling out the form, here are some points to remember:
- Only submit one book per form, meaning if you want to submit 5 books, you have to fill out 5 different forms.
- If your book isn’t published yet, please supply the date of its release.
- Each book can be entered for 5 different categories, and you’re able to state which categories you prefer by ranking them from 1st to 5th choice. (We’ll do our best on our end, but there are many variables we have to take into account.) You do not have to select 5 categories per book, but doing so increases the book’s chances of being selected. If you don’t have 5 categories, select none of the above because each category section requires an answer.
- Please go through all the categories carefully to ensure you’ve selected every possible option.
- Only authors and/or publishers can submit books.
For example, Heart of Ice could be selected for the following categories:
- Age Gap
- Ice Queen
- City Setting
Once we collect enough entries, we’ll start selecting the categories that we’ll move forward with and devise the schedule for the year. When the schedule is set, we’ll let authors know the dates and categories, and you’ll have the chance to confirm once more whether or not your book will be offered on sale.
After filling out all required boxes, hover mouse over dark grey button at the bottom of the form and the submit box will appear. When you click it, the form will disappear and it’ll say your book has been submitted.
Thanks for taking part, and we’ll be in touch after we select the categories and books.
The IHL Team